Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echovaldburgh Forum Index -> The Main Courtyard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrys2
Warden

re: Chrys's Big Dragon Coffer Experiment

As some of you have gathered by now, I love the new Jade Dragon skins. As in REALLY LOVE them. So in order to maximize my chances of getting a ticket and conducting a little experiment at the same time, I've set myself the target of collecting a total of 7,000 unopened dragon coffers (as that's basically the amount my bank tab can currently hold) in order to hopefully get some lovely tickets and test the following:

1. That my RNG luck is as bad as I think it is.
2. If I do get some tickets, to see exactly what percentage are returned from a high number of coffers, and whether opening a high number at once yields better results.
3. To see if you can actually get repetitive strain injury from opening in-game items.

Results will be posted here when the target is reached (as of last night, I currently stand at 2,250 coffers).

FOR SCIENCE!
Taffy Tois
Warden
Echo Supporter

Sounds great, dead impressed you have so many, i've opened about 15... but barely been on.

Good luck, hope you luck is better than mine!!
Chrys2
Warden

Well... envy

Completed the farm for 7000 coffers today. Started off by opening the 35 or so unidentified dyes I'd had drop whilst farming the holograms, and got the following:

Rares: Emerald, White Gold, Burgundy, Dusky
Others; Fluff, Patina, Shale, Forgiveness, Cantaloupe, Scarlet, Honeysuckle, Khaki, Wintermint, Mint, Spring Tide, Mist, Strawberry Breeze, Pastel Lemon, Persephone, Old Nickel, Olive, Orange, Mint Ice, Frost Breeze, Lime Ice, Rose Ice, Blue Ice, Graphite, Heirloom, Rose Shade, Midday, Breeze, Pink, Grape, Sunrise Breeze

So on to the coffers. And more importantly, tickets. My hope was to get one or two tickets, my outlandish dream was to have five or six in order to completely outfit my thief in a bit of a Canthan theme. Surely in 7,000 coffers I'd get a ticket or two?

And indeed I did. In fact, by the time I'd opened 1,750 coffers (7 stacks of the 28 stacks I had farmed), I had a total of 6 dragon tickets. So I'd definitely conclude that opening in bulk seems to work well! In fact it worked so well that I stopped opening coffers, as a) I'm not sure I want more dragon tickets than I actually want to use, and b) there may be a potential profit down the line if I hold on to them. If anyone thinks that the price of them may go higher in a few weeks, please let me know!

Other items from the 1,750 coffers:
4,250 Zhaitaffy
25 Dragonfish Candies
16 Slices of Candied Dragon Roll
26 Dragons Breath Buns
24 Kralkachocolate Bars
359 fireworks
26 Koi Cakes
21 Dragonfly Cupcakes
5 Warm Potion
5 Charged Potion
9 Cold Potion
5 Hard Potion
Chrys2
Warden

Forgot to add - also 11 mini Risen Knights, and 2 holographic dragon wings which dropped during farming the holos.
BezsMaracas
Warden

More importantly, has your clicking finger fallen off?
Taffy Tois
Warden
Echo Supporter

Grats, thats a fantastic result, I still haven't managed to get the mini, hope they are still dropping, got about 40 on my character to open yet, but will have to be lucky for that.

But well done, glad you got all you wanted!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Echovaldburgh Forum Index -> The Main Courtyard All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: